Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Tahini Dressing
an Ooni Oven exclusive recipe, please see below for our Ooni Ovens on sale.
Yield: Side Dish - Feeds 2 people
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 head of cauliflower, broken down into golf ball sized florets
1 pomegranate, popped and shucked OR 1 cup pre popped prepared pomegranate seeds
1 cup tahini
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
4 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp canola oil
Ice & Water
- Fill your blanching pot with heavily salted water and bring to a hard boil.
- While the pot is coming to a boil prepare an ice bath with the large mixing bowl, enough ice and water that will fit all the cooked cauliflower.
- Cook the cauliflower in the boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Using your spider strainer or slotted spoon remove the cauliflower and place in the ice bath.
- Drain the cauliflower from the bath and dry thoroughly.
- Place the dried and blanched cauliflower in a 12-14-inch cast iron and drizzle the cauliflower with canola oil and salt and fire it into your Ooni oven for 3-4 minutes until hot and slightly colored.
- While the cauliflower is roasting (or well in advance) make the tahini vinaigrette. Mix the tahini, water, lemon juice, olive oil, and a couple of pinches of salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix with your spatula until homogenized. Do not overmix as it will become stiff and pasty. IF this happens, adjust the consistency with a little bit more water and lemon juice,
- Adjust the lemon juice and salt ratio to your liking.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle on the tahini vinaigrette. Garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
- The Ooni oven can reach temperatures of 800-degree F or higher. Make sure the pan you are using can take that kind of temperature.
- Salted water is key to big pot blanching. It should taste like ocean water.
12-14-inch cast iron
5-6-quart blanching pot
Medium mixing bowl
Large mixing bowl
Spider hand strainer OR slotted spoon